Instructions for AuthorsLBM 2013 invites the submission of long and short papers on substantial, original, and unpublished research in all aspects of language use in biology, chemistry, medicine, public health, pharmacology and related areas, as discussed in the [call for papers].
Papers will be presented orally or as posters at the symposium, as determined by the Program Committee. The presentation format will be decided based on the nature rather than the quality of the work. All the accepted papers will be considered for invitation to journal special issues.
We also solicit posters on recent research. Accepted posters will be presented in the poster session.
1. Long papers (up to 8 pages, plus one extra page for references)Long paper submissions must describe substantial, original, completed and unpublished work.
2. Short papers (up to 4 pages, plus one extra page for references)Short paper submissions must describe original and unpublished work. Characteristics of short papers may include (but not limited to):
- A small, focused contribution,
- A negative result,
- An opinion piece, or
- An interesting application nugget
3. Poster abstracts (up to 1 page)Poster submissions must describe recent, original work of the authors. Characteristics of posters may include (but not limited to):
- Work in progress, or
- Work that has been published, or accepted for publication,
for which the poster presentations are expected to facilitate interactive discussions.
Note that posters are intended to convey scientific results and should not be advertisements for commercial software packages.
4. Highlight talk proposal (up to 1 page)We also invite proposals for highlight talks. A Highlight talk must be about a work that is recently published (within 1 year) or accepted for publication. It would be an ideal venue for the authors who want interactive communication with the LBM audience on their already published works. Each proposal must include (1) the PDF copy (or the URL if accessible from WWW) of, and (2) the full reference to the publication. Each accepted proposal will be given a slot for oral presentation.
All submissions must be electronic in PDF and must follow the
two-column format of ACL. Authors are strongly recommended to use the
style files provided here, using the A4 format.
ACL 2013 Style Files
|LaTex||MS Word||All in one|
Peer Review Policy
Every submission will be reviewed by 2 or 3 reviewers in Program
Committee. The identity of the authors does NOT need to be blinded
in the manuscripts. (i.e. author information should be included in the
Multiple Submission Guide
Long or short papers that have been or will be submitted to other
meetings or publications must indicate it at submission time.
Posters that describe work that has been or will be published in other publications must include reference to it.